Experienced Legal Guidance For Private Adoptions
In private adoptions, adoptive parents connect and work directly with an expectant mother rather than working through a licensed adoption agency. The objective is to allow both the adoptive parents and the birth mother to retain more control over the adoption process.
At Talmud Law, I bring more than a decade of experience with New York adoptions to families in Erie County, Niagara County and throughout western New York. Whether assisting adoptive parents or a birth mother, my role is to help my clients understand every aspect of a private adoption.
I help prospective adoptive parents increase the visibility of their parent profile on social media and reach more prospective birth mothers. Call to learn more about how I can assist you in this area.
Representing Adoptive Parents Or Birth Mothers
When working with adoptive parents, I am committed to ensuring that the process of building their family proceeds as smoothly as possible. If I am working with a birth mother, I will make sure you understand your rights and that the proper contracts are in place for the adoptive parents to cover fees and expenses, including medical and legal costs.
If you are pursuing private adoption, I will work with you every step of the way. My services include:
- Connecting birth parents with prospective adoptive families
- Interpreting parental rights issues, including a birth father’s rights
- Consulting with families regarding fees and expenses, including medical expenses
- Maintaining a network of social workers, mental health professionals and additional attorneys who can help when necessary
- If it is an interstate adoption, working with officials from each state to make sure your child is transported in accordance with the law
The process of private adoption often involves placing a child who is born in one state with a family who lives in another state. Each state has its own laws about adoption. It is important to work with an adoption lawyer like myself, who can advise you on those laws and help you build a strategy that best fits your needs.
Contact A Williamsville Private Adoption Attorney
Call Talmud Law at or contact me online. I can answer your questions and recommend an effective course of action during a free initial consultation. I work with clients throughout the Buffalo-Niagara area.